The Cardinia Climbers are a group of cyclists based out of Berwick/Beaconsfield. Who’s appreciation for cycling and the local hills has brought them together. The group has helped encourage riders to meet up and go out for social rides. They show riders the best spots to ride and now offers regular social rides. All at 5:30 am and suitable for those that want to get a decent ride in before work. Each ride lasts around one and a half hours each, and new members are welcome to join.
- 5.30 am Start for 40 km loop
- Meet at Aldi, Beaconsfield (Corner Beaconsfield-Emerald Road & Princess Highway, Beaconsfield)
Link to Tuesday ride here:
Tour of Berwick (Wednesday fast pace)
- 5.30 am Start for 37 km loop
- Meeting at the corner of Princess Highway & Clyde Road meeting in front of Harcourts (opposite the Shell Service Station)
Link to Wednesday ride here
- 5.30 am Start for 32 km loop (fast pace)
- Meet at the corner of Princess Highway & Clyde Road meeting in front of Harcourts (opposite the Shell Service Station).
Link to Friday ride here
- Link to the Cardinia Climbers Strava group here – new members welcome.
- Link to the Cardinia Climbers Facebook page here
- If you want any further information on social rides email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I had a quick chat with Robbie Rowlands, the founder of the Cardinia Climbers about the social rides:
The Cardinia Climbers came about as I wanted to bring cyclists in the area together so we could arrange group rides and get to know each other. It’s just a beautiful place to ride and I hoped to be able to make a difference. We now have regular social rides, we help riders get stronger and give them an excuse to get up early to ride their bike more.